The Mijas Foreigners Department offers a range of services to the foreigners of the municipality, either they be full time residents, residential tourism or visitors.
The main idea of this Department is to help and inform the public. People consult us on the most varied matters, but they are usually related to their having moved to Spain from another country, the fact that they do not speak the language and are unfamiliar with the system here. The Department can clarify their doubts, help resolve the problems that arise, and in all cases inform them of the steps to take when their problem is not directly connected with the Town Hall.
The department attends via email – firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone – (+34) 9126.96.36.199 or in person by prior appointment.
GENERAL INFORMATION and INFORMATION SHEETS ABOUT
The Foreigners’ Dept. publishes INFORMATION SHEETS, available in English and German, on the most relevant topics asked by foreigners in general, according to enquiries received at the office.
- Information on how to register on the Mijas inhabitants list (“padron”)
- Mijas Tax Office: payment of local taxes and fees – tax calendar – direct debit
- National tax declaration for non-residents with Inland Revenue Office
- How to apply for NIE and EU residency – exchange into T.I.E. card for British nationals
- Social Security registration (for EU pensioners)
- Registering with the Health Centre
- How to apply for pensioner cards, emergency push button (Mijas and Andaluc√≠a)
- Digital Certificate
- Procedures for civil marriages, common law partnerships
- Application for pruning and cutting of trees
- Information on waste and recycling procedures
- Information on Consumer Rights
- Dangerous dog licence procedures
- Procedures at the Traffic Department (“Tr√°fico”)
- and much more….
IF YOU NEED INFORMATION ABOUT ANY OF THESE OR OTHER TOPICS SEND US AN EMAIL TO email@example.com AND WE WILL SEND YOU THE UPDATED INFORMATION.